The Janitors Grooves (are back)

Tuesday 3 February 2015

The Newish One

H Hawkline - "In The Pink of Condition"


After an early dismissal, Hawkline, has slowly wormed his way into my sub conscious, he just squirms in, and when you least expect it, slimes you with globules of warm, wet, weirdness. How this happened I am not sure, but it did, and he's there to stay now by the sound of it. It all began when I bought the "Black Domino Box" e.p on Shape records. I was soon crawling around Ebay where I found the "Ghouls" six tracker. Both of these records are now close to the record player at all times and I really can't explain why. As for "In The Pink of Condition," it seams as if Hawkline is getting even wonkier and all the better for it. It's a confident and crafty piece of work and it won't leave me alone. I still can't hum any of the tunes from it, whilst at the same time they are wrapped around my lobe like a used Hubba Bubba. When I manage to scrape it off I'll let you know what I'm on about.





The Oldish One

Neil Young "Time Fades Away"

I hate live albums unless they are by Dylan, Ween or early Sonic Youth. However, this record is a beauty and it's so nice just to sit back and listen to the band playing.
"Journey Through The Past" sounds sweet with the man and his piano, but it's the groove of the band that make this record special. It's not really like any other live album, as none of the tracks had been previously released, that's pretty amazing to start with. It was only ever released on vinyl too. Give it a spin I love it "Don't Be Denied."










Post a Comment